The script for dummies....
1. Not allowed to control the central defender. Nothing wrong with your controller, the reason for "why" will be revealed to you later on....
2. 0:30 The game wanted this sequence but this doesn't happen due to very low gamer IQ, and so the game rewards a dumb pass at the end. No ball ghosting through a foot or something this time round, though.
Biggest clue to the game being scripted is shot accuracy/GK ability, where a striker who has been prolific suddenly can't hit a barn door with banjo and supposedly average GK's play like Neuer (or your keeper plays like crap) - especially noticeable against players who are clearly rubbish - blind passes galore, no build up play, every tackle is a foul - clearly impatient SOB's).
Those are the games I hate, every shot you take is saved or misses or hits the woodwork then they smack one right at your keeper and he miraculously dives out of the way - goal.
Then they park the bus and play like a-holes. Great fun.
If you watch youtubers like Nepenthez etc. and all their 'amazing pack luck' it might look like you're just not as lucky, but to give you some idea of how much they spend on packs consider this: Nep was asked on a Reddit AMA how much he spent on fifa points last year, he said around 25,000 pounds. He ended up with most of the IF's, TOTY's etc but that's the level of investment you need if you want to get "lucky".
Alternatively, wise up and spend zero on this monumental waste of money.
- During simulating games, you can stop and make subs or change formation.
- When you win a cup or title, when you celebrate with the trophy your players are spraying champagne everywhere like real life.
- Addition of U23 and U18 teams to transfer your players to.
- Bring back request funds.
- Training matches like you used to get in the arena in older FIFAs but with your career mode team and you can choose the teams.
- Add create a kit (same as pro clubs but maybe more options) for the second season and further (not first season).
- Get scout reports on other matches, teams and leagues rather than just players.
I sold the game earlier this week! Here is my final fifa 17 adventure:
I was taking a break from fifa and had been on dark souls 3 alot but one of my fifa friends came online. I suggested for a laugh that we jump on fifa and try some co-op. We’ve played pro clubs together but not much co-op (sitting in div 4 having played maybe 15 games in total). So we go into a game and amazingly it’s playing really well. The game was actually doing what we were asking it to do. We win easily and continue playing.
Our good run continued for the next 3 hours or so and we ended the session having played 12 games and won all 12!!!!! Promoted to div 2. I have never seen anything like it. It was great fun and we scored some really good goals. Alot of our opponents rage quit as some of the games got really ugly. But we both knew that ea would almost certainly screw us sometime in the near future...
So the next day we jump on again feeling optimistic. But straight away we can see the bs.Unresponsive players, no pace, easy short passes going directly to opponent etc. It was like we were playing a completely different game. We managed to hold, needing 1 point from the last game and we got a win.
The next season it played even worse. Loss after loss, and it had nothing to do with skill. These are the same sort of players that we butchered the day before. So we need 2 wins from the last 2 games to hold. It’s 1-1 and they are attacking. They cross the ball in and one of their attackers slides in and takes out or keeper so he is lying on the floor. No foul is given and the ball magically rolls to a free striker who taps the ball into an open goal for the win. It was disgusting to play those last 2 seasons and I just could not take anymore so I ran into cex the next day and traded it for Ghost recon wildlands.
Before I sold it, I went into ultimate team (3 million coins) and picked up ronaldo and messi to form this team: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3082370
I never even bothered to play a game with them. Why waste my time hey???
I won’t pre-order fifa 18. Instead, I will keep an eye on this thread and youtube to see what people make of it. I can’t see ea changing their ways though...